Re: big problem

* On 01-07-01 at 16:17 Joost Kooij (joost@topaz.mdcc.cx) wrote:
+----Here quoted text begins----+
> What if you did "strace -o /tmp/dpkg.strace dpkg $options" instead?
> Look at the output file if dpkg is stuck on some system call.

Hmm it seams you were right... it was stuck on ldconfig... but now ldconfig is
the problem as it seems... since every time I run ldconfig it just freezes....
and its state is marked D in ps aux command output.
[...]
> Cheers,
>

> Joost
+----and here the quote ends----+
Hmm did some more stracing... on ldconfig.. and discovered that my reiserfs
partition had problems that could not be fixed even with reiserfsck, so I had
to do backup on the good files and reformat the partition, than copy the files
back and add the new files that were corrupt. Well now it works! Thx for
reminding me of the strace command... I completely forgot about it.

Bostjan
--
Boštjan Müller [NEONATUS], neonatus@neonatus.net, http://neonatus.net/~neonatus
For my PGP key finger: neonatus@neonatus.net, RSA id: 0x90178DBD, ICQ #:7506644