Re: [users] Re: mail server question

also sprach Joost Kooij (on Sat, 30 Jun 2001 09:35:09PM +0200):
> Stick with exim, which is debian's default.  Much easier to configure,
> larger debian userbase, so more likely that you get an answer on
> debian-user.

and i propose postfix. then again, i would happily like to hear why
exim is better (or not). it looks to me as if exim is a newcomer and
in as such, i don't see how it can possibly get close to postfix,
which is excellent!!!

> BTW, for smtp to work, your dns must make sense too.  Figure that out
> before you try to run down walls using your head.  Also, running on
> a cablemodem usually means that at least half your dns sucks.  If you
> want a cool mail address, set up dns and a mail relay on a box that has
> a sensible network connection in more than just the physical sense, and
> use hacks on that machine to deliver the mail to your cablemodem system.

i would be happy to provide you with a dynamic dns name and mail
exchange relay; that plus ETRN solves my troubles with dynamic IP
connections...

i'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.