Re: I need secure mail!

Greg Wiley wrote:

On Friday, June 29, 2001 12:39 PM, aparra@idecnet.com spake:

I neet to know if I can find on Debian any imap server that alows me to use secure conections, and also if I can ask for a password on any smtp server, exim, smail, ... My problem is that I have to accept mail from anywere, but it's too dangerous, so I want some way to solve it.

To the second: yes, exim allows you to require
authentication for relay operations. Look at the
"host_auth_accept_relay" config param.

I need to accept mail, by smtp, from any unknown host, when a valid user use the imap service. So the user have a valid username and a valid password, and I want to use it as a validation for accept relay to any email addres inside my server or outside.

For the first, do you mean that you want to prevent
eavesdropping on your imap connections, or do you
wish to secure your imap server from unauthorized
use?

The question is about where can I found some IMAP server that accept secure connections.

  -g