Diamond Monster Fusion and UT

I hope this isn't off topic.  I see so many good tips on this list I
couldn't resist asking this question!

I have been trying for what feels like eons to get Unreal Tournament to
work in Linux.  I tried forever when I was a RedHat user with no luck.  No
I am using Debian and I still can't get it to work with my video card.

I have a Diamond Monster Fusion card.  It has the voodoo banshee chipset.
I Have xfree 4 that is in woody.  I have it configured to use DRI
(unfortunately for DRI I have to run at 16bpp with this card).  I know my
openGL libs are using hardware rednering because when I installed the
glide packages my 3D screensavers increased in performance by about 500%.

I have tried installing UT using openGL renderes but that doesn't work.  I
have tried Glide renderes as well and that doesn't work.  Each option
segfaults.

thanks,
Greg

--