Re: Help on installing Debian

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 02:29:57PM +0200, e7646687@est.fib.upc.es wrote:
> Hello! Firstly I want to congratulate for your great
> project.
>
> I have a doubt. I don't know if I have to do a
> partition on my hard disk to intall Debian.

One of the things a Linux user has to do is read a lot.  You are
probably itching to get debian installed but take a deep breath and read
the installation instructions at -
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/#new-inst

If you have a PC then you will want to read -
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install

Once you have read the instructions you will have further questions I'm
sure.  Ask away.

Yes you will have to partition your disk but you haven't given us enough
information to really be helpful to you.  After reading the installation
instructions things may be more clear to you.
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted