Re: V = I * R and the rest (Re: OT: C++ Newbie and KDE/QT)

Joost Kooij wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 12:06:50PM +0200, Brendon wrote:
> > what did you start with when learning C++?
>
> > any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> No suggestions, but you get a free ticket to a gratuitous rant:
>
> Start with a soldering iron and develop a practical feeling for
> electronics.  The basics are very simple, really.  It is necessary
> groundwork and also an excellent way to learn how simple things can work
> or not work, and how to work with that.

<g>......I've done alot of research before coming to the conclusion  ( although
not necessarily same one you'll come to for your needs ) that for me I'm
starting out with the ease/simplicity/quick production of Python and graduate up
from there ( if you don't want to sink in money grab the online tutorial for now
to see if its your pleasure )...with the low level languages I understand it
takes longer to do what you want .....You use what you need based on the
requirements of your application etc...for alot of uses Python/Perl whatever is
VERY adequate from what I"ve read and anything else that requires better
execution time you start screaming and run for the hills with your trusty ( in
order of preference ) C/c++ manuals/tutorials......and of course your unix
api/libc/gnome basics along with ..if you feel REALLY adventurous your assembly
language reference might be on your list of needed things.....

    You should do yourself a flavor and checkout:
http://www.python.org and READ the comparisons to other languages its very
educational that is where I began my quest but of course there are many other
references one can gather by doing internet searches....

I "started out" with simple Basic via the VIC20/C-64 :) from typing those basic
programs in back of book.....of course this was a mere few years ago you
understand.....

hth's
lee
-===