Re: [users] hi masters of linux, surely you know some tricks...

also sprach thomas anderson (on Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:59:03PM +0200):
> I want to try to put a perl script in the /usr/lib/perl directory however I
> don't have permission access...I tried symlinking it but it still won't work.
> is there I way to do this without becoming root or sudo?

no. user scripts don't go there. why would you want to place it there
anyway? what function does the script have? is it just for yourself,
then put it into $HOME/bin. if it's for a group of users, put it there
too and give appropriate permissions. if it's for all, then it goes
into /usr/local/bin. you have to be root for the last option.

no keyboard present.
press f1 to continue.
zen engineering.