Re: [OT] scsi tape problems

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:35:55 +0200, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Martin_W=FCrtele?= writes:
>i can use tar to write backups to the tape, restore and diff doesn't report
>any differences.
>
>could this be some strange afbackup problem? i have afbackup running on 2
>other machines with hp dds 2 tape drives and on this machine with sony sdt
>9000 dds 3. how come it has that problems with that hp dds 3 drive?

afbackup doesn´t only have troubles with dds3 drives, I never coould
 get it to cooperate with my HP C15533A DDS2 drive, also. IIRC the
 error was quite the same (can´t be sure, though, that´s almost 2 years
 ago).

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
-- Forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanos! The dead rising from the