Re: [users] Re: apt-get : difference between dist-upgrade and dselect-upgrade

also sprach Joost Kooij (on Thu, 28 Jun 2001 01:37:29PM +0200):
> When I sat down with it and took a minute or two to get acquiainted,
> it turned out to be quite a likeable and most of all very helpful
> critter, in fact.

try apt-console, i like it much better since i can't stand the awkward
handling of dependencies in dselect.

> Did you know that there is even a help screen that explains the keys?

yes, it always pops up when least needed...

btw: this entire thread never answered the initial question, which i
also have. what's the difference between apt-get {dselect-,}update and
apt-get dist-upgrade???

"syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon."
                                            -- epigrams in programming