Re: exim ?

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 05:03:22PM +0200, Joost Kooij wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 04:36:38PM +0000, Robin Gerard wrote:
> > I can send mails to all users except
> > to those who are the same domaine that
> > me i.e.:
> > my addresse : robin.jag@free.fr
> > I send a mail to : xxx.xxx@free.fr
> > mailq indicates that nothing it's
> > in the queue.

> Then configure fetchmail and tell it that "user robin.jag is user foo
> here", or something along those lines (rtfm - my memory is weak here).
>
> > mutt an balsa gives the same result.
>
> Fix your personal configuration to set a custom "From: robin.jag@free.fr"
> header on any mails you write.  That is only a message header and will
> not confuse any mta's, but will hint people's mua's where to reply to.
>
> The only disadvantage is having to do this for all mua's independently.
> But then fixing it in exim is slightly more than a trivial excercise.
> Try it the simple way first.

Sorry for the trouble Joost,
the msg I sent and the subject, unfortunately, does not
match with my problems.
My mta and mua were not at the origin of my problems.
After I have reinstalled (twice on this week) my potato
my msg reach correctly their destinations.
(with the same files exim.conf and .muttrc that previously)
But I will be happy to understand what hapened to my potato
to avoid the same annoyance again.
Thanking you for your kind help.
Best wishes.
Gerard.