Re: mutt

What works well for me is to use mutt with its threaded view and
collapse threads that are no longer interesting for whatever reason.

My index_format line looks like this:
   set index_format="%3C %Z %[!%b%d] %-17.17F(%?M?#%3M&%4c?) %s"

All that garbage in the parens there roughly translates to "show the
number of hidden messages in a collapsed thread, or the size of the
message if not a collapsed thread"

for single messages, I see things like (1.0k) and for collapsed
threads I see things like (# 57), indicated that there are 57 hidden
messages in this thread.

I really like this setup, though I can't claim credit for it. I'd like
to credit the original author, but I don't remember where I got it.
My best guess would be Sven Guckes' mutt config, from which I
have borrowed many gems. You should be able to find that at
http://www.fefe.de/muttfaq/muttrc

Vineet

* will trillich (will@serensoft.com) [010627 11:39]: