Re: pam broken in sid

> Unfortunately, I *have* installed it and don't have a session open.

Me too.  The other ways mentioned here are probably better, but here's
what I did, just for the record...

I had another Debian install on another partition (and I think I'm going
to keep it for just such emergencies).  I booted to that and  downloaded
libpam-modules, libpam0g, libpam-runtime from the testing branch.

Then, mounted the partitions with the broken PAM on /mnt and:
  dpkg --root=/mnt -i libpam*.deb
  lilo -r /mnt   # ('cuz I'd hosed my LILO in an earlier attempt)
...and rebooted.

Good luck.
Greg

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea."  --RFC-1925