Re: problem with rpm2html

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 10:35:03AM +0200, Robert Voigt wrote:
> I want to know what's inside some rpm packages. I found rpm2html can generate
> html pages out of the contents of an rpm package.
> But everytime I say
> rpm2html a-package.rpm
> it says
> config file a-package.rpm seems invalid
> I tried this with several rpms for several distributions.
> Unfortunateley I can't find any documentaion on rpm2html that explains the
> commandline options.
> Can anyone help me?

'man rpm2html' should provide some information.

I'm not familiar with rpm2html, but there is a Debian package of rpm:

To get information about the package, 'rpm -qpi package.rpm'
To get a listing of files in the package, 'rpm -qpl package.rpm'

Do not use rpm to install a package in a Debian system, use alien to
convert it to .deb instead.

Bob