Re: Java 2 VM in Debian

Guy Geens wrote:

> Viktor> I just installed the package, and I noticed that Netscape is
> Viktor> unable to load the java 2 plugin. I don't really need java in
> Viktor> netscape, but I was still wondering if this is a known bug, or
> Viktor> I'm doing something wrong.
>
> I have an older version of the plugin installed, and I had to remove
> the symbolic link to get netscape to start again.
>
> You might try downloading the JVM from Sun directly, and install that
> in /usr/lib/netscape/ . I did that for Mozilla: 0.9.1 doesn't work
> with the Debian package either.

Sorry, I don't really care.  I use konq as my primary browser and java 2
works great.  I only use Netscape for mail (I know, it's dumb, but I'm
just to lazy to commit myself to something else), and I obviously don't
need java for mail.  :)   Removing the symlink fixed to problem for me.

Cheers,
Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld