Re: Raid; mkraid /dev/md0_HELP?

I had a system crash recently, and I took a good look at my own syslog
messages and /proc/mdstat. And my own entries look very different from
yours.

My question is: did you recompile and install the patched kernel?

I suspect that you didn't, and you're trying to use the new-style raid
tools on a kernel which doesn't support that.

Here are the steps to take:
1. Install the kernel source package and kernel-package.
2. Apply the patch (see the files in /usr/share/doc/patch-raid-*/ for
   more information).
3. Configure (make menuconfig) and compile (make-kpkg kernel_image)
   the kernel. (See man make-kpkg and the documentation in
   /usr/share/doc/kernel-package .)
4. Install the resulting package (dpkg -i kernel-image-*.deb).

Post here if you have problems anywhere along the way.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>