Re: problem w/non-us in stable?

>>>>> "Carl" == Carl Fink <carlf@nitpicking.com> writes:

Carl> For several days I've been getting this: Fetched 64.4kB in 8s
Carl> (7382B/s) Failed to fetch
Carl> http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists/stable/non-US/contrib/binary-i386/Packages
Carl> Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)

I've seen similar errors many times. When I try again a few minutes
later, the file is transfered OK.

I don't have a real explanation for this, but my guesses are:
1. Network traffic: too many people try to upgrade at the same time.
2. The file is updated at the same time as the download.
3. The local proxy server can't handle the traffic.

Try scheduling your updates at a different time of day to see if it
works better. I've set up a cron job to do `apt-get update' on a
daily basis on one machine, and it seems to work better.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>