Re: mount (2.4.4)

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 07:43:20PM +0000, Robin Gerard wrote:
:hello,
:I have succeded compile kernel-2.4.4, but
:Y have yet a problem :
:I want read my boot diskette, I do :
:mount /floppy
:and I get the msg :
:fatfs : bogus cluster size
:VFS:can't find a valide MSDOS filesystem on dev 02:00
:( I am rather happy of this )
:mount:you must specify the filesystem type
:Can someone gives me advices or tells me wehere is the
:doc of this mater.

You probably have a raw kernel image on the floppy (no filesystem at
all).  Try "rdev /dev/fd0" you should get back something like "Root
device /dev/hda1" if you have a kernel image there.

You're probably better off using lilo or another boot loader to boot
of the HD, boot ing from floppy is Soooooooooo tedious :)

-Jon