Re: dell 2500 RAID5

Shérif Hocine wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone has already installed debian 2.2 on a Dell 2500 with PERC 3/Di ?
> I did it on a 2400 with Kevin Traas's diskettes ... works fine.
> But now with the new Dell ... t'is a problem.

Did you get any reply on this that I missed?

I think it's because 24xx use Perc3/Si while 25xx usr Perc3/Di, as I
noticed the same problem betwwen 2450 and 2550.

Anyway, I've installed potato on a 2500 (and 2550) using the 2.2.19
patch from "Matt Domsch's Linux page".  (I just do raid0 and raid1, but
raid5 would probably work too, I guess?)  Unfortunately the page seem to
be gone, the best I could find was a google cache (
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:0A_7ou59oC0:domsch.com/linux/+Matt+Domsch%27s+Linux+page&hl=en
).

I still got the patched kernel source and a bootdisk image (like Kevins
but with new kernel).  The source can be fetched (for now) at
http://emil.its.uu.se:8080/till-pelle.tgz .  You'll probably want to
make a clean/distclean though...

In case you're interested of the disk image, mail me off list.

Best regards,
	Emil Pedersen