Re: [hylafax-users] Advice please

Vittorio schrieb:

> I've been using hylafax with great satisfaction with a small hyla
> server with a modem and my Windows NT (whfc) both connected to the LAN
> of my office.
>
> The Information Dept. has been trying an NT fax server able in our
> case to deal with a hundred fax lines by means of proprietary cards.
>
> Because the result till now are poor I'd like to suggest hylafax as a
> fax server but I don't know anything about this "size" of use.
>
> So please could you tell me:
>
> 1) How many lines (fax numbers I mean) is hylafax able to deal with;

As many as you can connect modems to your machine. With some dedicated
modem-extender this could be quiet a lot.

> 2) What devices are needed (sorry but I can't think of something
> different from one modem for each line which is quite cumbersome,
> really!);

See discussion on multi-seriell cards or multi-modem devices on the
mailing list at www.hylafax.org.

> 3) For 100 fax lines what kind of Intel server is needed in terms of
> HD GB, memory and so on.

That depends on traffic on this lines. The HDD space depends on the size
of the tiff-files you are sending (graphics or text) and the page count
of your faxes.
For sending many faxes at the same time you should have a lot of RAM for
rasterizing with ghostscript.

Hope this helps a bit.

--
Andreas Hödle (Systemadministration)