Unidentified subject!

folks,
just now i figured out that the pppd debug option is also present in
ipppd, and i turned it on to see the following in the logs (after a
bunch of packet dumps):

Jun 25 01:13:31 embryo ipppd[3918]: Unsupported protocol 'Van Jacobson
  Uncompressed TCP/IP' (0x2f) received

well, that would explain why i get kicked out, but i am still clueless
how i can change this. i'll see what protocol my other routers use,
but if you have anything on this, please tell me. this machine has to
be up by tomorrow :(

"non sposarti. trova una donna che odi e comprale una casa."