login......

I can not get into my 'user' account any longer only root password is
working..i just finished using the passwd command successfully but it
won't accept any password i use for this particular 'user'.....

is there an "X" version of this for debian? not that it should matter
gui/manual but ...?

also I"m getting so really odd behavior from gui login

I login 'user' then it 'thinks' about it for few seconds and when the
password screen isn't right..at the top it has

Dsystem bootup in progress and and by password it says:
UPassword..
and my correct password isn't taken even for root..

after the password isn't accepted then i get the 'correct' response from
gui login where there is NO delay from user entry to password
entry......this to me says i have corrupt file somewhere thats
responsible for this part of login that OR its because i'm running
"testing" which my sourses.list file does NOT show at all...the link was
definitely to unstable......everything else was commented out..

thanks anyone
lee
-===
thanks