Re: testing?

Bob Nielsen wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 10:41:00PM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> > I'm thinking of upgrading to testing this weekend.  Is it stable enough for
> > day-to-day use on a non-server?
>
> I've been using it for several months with few problems.  Upgrading from
> potato is occasionally a problem.  See the list archives, particularly
> related to perl.  You may have to manually install some things.
latest upgrade totally screwed my file system by converting it to read
only and altering a lot of base-config settings. It now requires some
wierd boot settings (temporary I'm sure) and I have to mount proc by
hand. That is not acceptable. Also perl, and debconf are broken
severely!! This is NOT ground for experimenting unless you really want a
challenge.
John Foster