Re: *** Configuration file for ifup? ***

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 11:39:11AM -0400, Arcadio A. Sincero Jr. wrote:
> That file only specifies which interfaces should be configured via dhcp.  It
> doesn't tell ifup what command to use to actually do the dhcp configuration.

See man 5 interfaces.  It claims that it will try to do the right thing
and figure which one to use.  It does also state that you may have to put
some of the actual configuration bits in the dhcp client software's native
configuration file.  But I've never had to do anything more than just set
the method to dhcp and install some dhcp client.

Cheers,

Joost