Re: contents of woody iso images?

>>>>> "mark" == mark  <mark@extension2.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

mark> Hi all, Iam downloading woody and as i only have a crappy 56k
mark> modem connection, i was wondering what is on the 5 iso images? I
mark> ave checked at debian.org any cannot see any info for this.

I have downloaded those images, and the index files (*.list).
Alternatively, you can mount the image with:

mount -o loop woody-i386-1.raw /mnt

mark>     I presume 1-3 are the main,contrib and more-contribs or
mark> non-free? iso's and the other 2 are the src iso's

IIRC, 5 is non-free. 1-4 are organized according to `usefulness'.
I.e., you should be able to get a base system up with only the first 2
or 3 images.

I tried to install a PC using these images a while ago, and I got an
error while configuring the system. I hope you have more luck.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <ggeens@capgemini.be>