Re: Hardware

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:31:15PM -0300, Antonio Alberto Lobato wrote:

> 	Hi all !
>
> 	Where do I find good and free downloads (or on line) of
> books, manuals, tutorials or guides about hardware ? In English or
> Portuguese.
> 	I think it would help me in my linux learning.

You could look for hardware books at a public library.
"PC Hardware in a Nutshell" by O'Reilly might be a good place to start -
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/ey4xe3m02r/sm/1565925998

A site like http://www4.tomshardware.com/ can provide information.
Check out http://www4.tomshardware.com/howto/01q1/010115/index.html

A quick search with google.com for "hardware guides" nets lots of
hits.

If you have auctions at government or educational facilities
in your area pick up some cheap old computers and play with them.

A few ideas anyway.
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted