Re: how to get list of emacs key descriptions

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 02:54:42PM -0800, Britton wrote:
> I know for example that meta x is described as "\M-x".  How is tab
> described, or how can I find out for a general key.  I'm not seeing it in
> the docs.

Emacs ships with a postscript reference card which lists most of the
default key assignments.  On potato this file is at
/usr/share/emacs/20.7/etc/refcard.ps

If you want to know what a particular key sequence is assigned to,
you can use describe-key (C-h k) then the key(s) you're interested
in.  For example, to find out what function TAB is assigned to, enter
C-h k TAB

Walt