CVS environment constants

Hello again.
Just wondering if there is a standard way to store the cvs constants (e.g. CVS_RSH) such that terminals automagically "see" them when opened. I'm using one of three terms with eterm as my favorite, so the solution would hopefully be a one-step which would be used by all (the terminal that it).

Of course I'm always open to someone directing me to the correct spot in the man pages, but I find the cvs man a little confusing since I'm not quite familiar with it yet..

Thanks in advance..
Marc.