Re: Tmpfs questions

Herbert Xu wrote:

> Stefan Srdic <linuxbox@telusplanet.net> wrote:
>
> > 2. Is it recomended to mount /tmp as a Tmpfs by using the following in
> > fstab:
>
> > tmpfs    /tmp    tmpfs    defaults    0    0
>
> Replace defaults with size=<size> where <size> is some sane limit based
> on the amount of swap and RAM you have.

Thanks, I could'nt find any relative information for tmpfs on the web or in the
manual pages.

I reduced my tmpfs to 128MB with the size option. I had to add a k at the end of
my interger to specify a value in kilobytes.

Just another question, would it be more efficient to use a ramfs instead of a
tmpfs to mount /tmp onto?

Stef