Re: IPX over the Internet

Hi,

Yup, a tunnel is the only way to get IPX data over the internet. I suggest
that you investigate the following setting

         ---------------------------------------------------------  UDP over
IP
SSL Tunnel
================================================== IXP datastream

I know, ascii art ain't my strongpoint so ill explain now
Running an IPX stream trough a SSL tunnel ( the === line and the --- next to
it)
This gives you encryption. You don't want all to monitor your IPX
communication.
The outer lines represent a UDP link to send the SSL data. You don't need
TCP, if a packet is lost, IPX will fail and request the stuff it's missed
again.

I'm no IPX expert, but i do know my IP stuff, and i can tell you that you
can't do it without a tunnel of some kind.
If you figure it out, let me know! It's got my attention........

Yours,
Nico de Haer