Re: IPX over the Internet

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 11:21:02AM +1000, Ian Perry wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a few questions and hopefully you can help me.
>
> I have two debian system acting as an internet gateways connecting 2 offices
> via the internet.  Both are set up with IPX turned off and IPX not in the
> kernel.
>
> Is it possible to pass IPX packets over the internet to give outside users
> access to the IPX networks inside each office.
>
> What are the security ramifications ?

Probably great.  When was the last time you read about major
vulnerabilities in Novell products on bugtraq?  Come to ask, when did
you last read anything about Novell products at all anymore?  People are
just forgetting about it, and with it about the bugs.  Script kiddie
thread is neutralised, because they can't figure where to download a
zip with nice Novell Netwhat?!? sploitz ("what's a bbs?").

If you want the real stuff tho, get Banyan Vines for your firewall ;-)

Cheers,

Joost