Re: help making debian ISO's

[Reply CCd to list]

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> hi morgan,
>
> i run installfests for my lug every month, so i'd like to keep an updated
> woody image.  i know this is a lot to ask, but i don't know where to find the
> information.
>
> assuming it's a bit different from what cdimage.debian.org says, can you give
> me an outline on how to use rsync to get and then update my woody images?
>
> thanks!
> pete
[snip]

I just looked on the site I mentioned before, and they do have .list
files as well as images.  Point a web browser (or ftp client) to
ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial and look in the
woody/ directory for the list files & images.  You can probably download
the .list files & step through the procedure outlined in the
documentation for the pseudo-image kit, but I haven't done that in quite
some time.  I just rsync my existing images against the ones on this
site.

I've attached a script that I use to update my images.  It is just a
bunch of rsync commands to update the images.  After you get them all
downloaded, and before you burn them to CD, be sure to check the md5sums
on them.  The first command in this script will download a file called
md5sums.  To compare the md5sums, I usually do something like this:
$ md5sum woody-i386-?.raw > md5sums.local && diff md5sums md5sums.local
If you get no output, then the images downloaded correctly, otherwise,
you should probably run rsync again.

Also, you may want to check the archives for the debian-cd list.  Maybe
there is more info there, but here is the last announcement I saw
concerning this particular site on debian-cd:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-cd-0010/msg00018.html

HTH & Good Luck

--
Morgan Terry