Re: Shutdown -h now

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 19:58:10 Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hello again all,
>
> Does anyone else have a problem with proper soft power off?  I
realize
> it's a faq but I've never actually seen a clear-cut answer.

What Steve Cooper mentioned works.  Compile APM support into
you're kernel.  The apm=on in lilo.conf isn't needed... or
at least not here.  I compiled the proper ATM support into
my kernel and now when I do a shutdown -h now, it works.
Even under X, my monitor goes into sleep mode and will
shutoff after a period of time.  This doesn't work all
that great when I have the need to boot Windows 98.
(ya know, critical apps like Subspace)  ;-)

Dana