Re: Shutdown -h now

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 08:58:10PM -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:
| Hello again all,
|
| Does anyone else have a problem with proper soft power off?  I

No.

| realize it's a faq but I've never actually seen a clear-cut answer.

What is your problem?

[tries to check with psychic hotline, doesn't work! <wink>]

Does your machine not automatically turn off after it displays "Power
Off"?  If so you need to tell the kernel that you want APM (Advance
Power Management) enabled.  With grub just put "apm=on" at the end of
the 'kernel' line (without quotes).  With lilo put 'append="apm=on"'
in the proper section (without the surrounding single-quotes).

-D