Re: more boot floppies questions

During a floppy installation, you boot with the rescue floppy and will
be prompted to install the root floppy and later the driver floppy or
floppies.  vanilla has a lot more drivers available and therefore
requires more disks.  The kernel-config files list which drivers are
included in each flavor.