Re: boot disk dilemma

I guess loop back device/module is not available in boot diski kernel
image.  Well try idepci if you have some pci network card or just roll
your own boot disk by replacing boot option which include network device
or loop back...  but this is too much    :-)

I usually do not mind having few driver floppies, though.  It is only
one time thing.

If you insist, create a small partition (vfat or ext2 )and put all
boot/root, deb for normal kernel package, and base.tgz files in it.
This way, you do not even use loop back nor network.  After install, add
this to swap by changing partition ID.  This is just a thought....

     Good luck :-)

--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +