How to install cdrom (Samsung CDR-RW, SW-208; Debian Potato 2.3
How do I install the cd-rom modules to read from the cd?
1) boot from cd, follow installation process
2) install modules fs: binfm_aout, smbfs, vfat; misc: generic_serial
net: bsd_comp, dummy, ppp;
3) continue install to "Next: reboot"; reboot
4) Install continues, asks source of Debian packages
5) Select cd-rom as source
6) Install says it can't auto-detect cd-rom, asks for its location
Windoze says the cd is installed as primary slave (hdb), lists
resources of the Primary ide controller as
When I tried the scsi emulation route with Potato installed and reading
from the cd, I lost the cd "medium not found" and also did not have
all the modules the CD-Writing HOWTO asks for.
The easy answer should be " install the cd"; but none of the Debian cd
modules will install; what module should I use, with what parameters?