Re: Sendmail wont accept outside mail properly

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 06:36:01 CDT, James Brents writes:
>I realize this, and this makes it odd. But I can't even issue the RCPT TO:
>command because the MAIL FROM: line is rejected.

>Delegation is not the problem. I've done testing by simply telneting
>directly to the smtp port, and issuing the SMTP commands. It will not
>accept any mail from a domain that is not in local-host-names. Its as if
>its not querying the DNS servers. But the resolvers working, And
>everything seems to be setup correctly.
>
>I've monitored traffic with tcpdump and it is talking to the nameserver
>when specifying the MAIL FROM: line, and the domain exists and MX records
>setup and it works fine on my non debian servers, but it still says
>"Unrecognized host name nistix.com".

You wouldn´t have FEATURE(nodns) in your sendmail.mc and just tcpd or
 the like querying in DNS? Wild guess, but...

Here´s my sendmail.mc (8.11.3+8.12.0Beta7 despite the old version-line):

divert(-1)
divert(0)
VERSIONID(`@(#)sendmail.mc      8.9.3-23 (waldner/Debian) 20000405')
OSTYPE(debian)dnl
LOCAL_CONFIG
define(`SMART_HOST', `mailhub')dnl
FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
FEATURE(use_ct_file)dnl
FEATURE(`nouucp', `reject')dnl
MAILER_DEFINITIONS
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
LOCAL_CONFIG
MASQUERADE_AS(example.com)dnl

cheers,
&rw
--
-- find / -name *base* -exec chown us:us {} \;
-- su -c someone 'export UP_US=thebomb'