Re: potato hangs after kernel upgrade

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, DvB wrote:

> I installed potato off cds and immediately upgraded to the 2.2.19 kernel
> image for potato.
> All seemed to go well except that, after rebooting with the new kernel,
> my computer started hanging in apparently random situations. Has anyone
> else had this problem?

I'm running testing (woody) but just recently changed to 2.2.19. I changed
several other things (including moving the HD to a different laptop with
different video chipset) and now the XServer or window manager (sawfish)
hangs randomly. It seems to happen when a window is closing. I can telnet
in to the laptop and kill X, so the kernel isn't hung. Also, the mouse
(h/w cursor) still moves but can't do anything. Keyboard is dea as well.

Where/when does yours hang?

...RickM...