Re: Installing Debian on a Red Hat system over the Internet?

> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Nicolas Parody wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My co-located server at my provider runs, and only supports Red Hat but
> > I would like to switch to Debian. Is it possible to install Debian on
> > this system without physical access (The server is in Texas and I am in
> > Germany)? Has anyone already done this and what is your experience? Or
> > should I just stick with Red Hat to save me the hassle?

1. Create new partitions for Debian. (Preferabbly on another disk).
2. Use debootstrap to install a minimal setup
3. Configure it for network acces
4. Configure you're bootloader to boot from the debian partition.
5. Reboot & Pray.

--
	Casper Gielen
casper@huiscomputer.homeip.net, capslock2000@mailandnews.com