Re: Mozilla 0.9.1 won't install

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 08:51:45PM +0200, Mart van de Wege uttered:
> I tried running dpkg with debugging info on, but unfortunately that still
> doesn't shed any light on the problem. Can someone give me a few pointers
> as to why a postinst script would bomb with this particular error? Or how
> I can trace *where* in the script the error occurs? Because as of now I
> only get a very helpful message saying postinst failed with exit code 5,
> and man bash wasn't very helpful either.

Believe it or not, but the way I fixed this was to edit the
mozilla-browers.postinst and unroll the for loop so it looks parseable.
It then configured flawlessly, much to my amazement.

--
                                                    Steve
  "I'm a sysadmin because I couldn't beat a blind monkey in a coding contest."