Re: php4 not working

> I installed php4 on my potato system and is not working in the sense,
> when I call a php4 file, the browser gives download option instead of
> rendering it on screen.
>
> Php3 was working fine but for some applications I upgraded it to php4
> and I am in trouble now.

Look for the line

	AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3

in either srm.conf or httpd.conf. If PHP3 used to work, it ought to be
in one of them. In order to get PHP4 working, change it to

	AddType application/x-httpd-php <insert php file extensions here>

Also, make sure the "LoadModule php4_module" etc. etc. line in either
srm.conf or httpd.conf (I can never remember which is which -- thank God
they've been consolidated in later releases :) is uncommented.

Hope this helps.

--

Andrew Sione Taumoefolau
tonga@pipeline.com.au