Re: hardware RAID boot

hi matthew...

3ware stuff is mostly raid0/raid1... - they supposed to have a raid5
controller too ...but... havent tested it

to boot from those scsi drives.. you'd need to use an initrd.gz file
in your lilo.conf file... ( no different than if it was a regular
scsi disk ( non-raid )

after you get it booting ... leave the scsi cable off of each
drive and test that you can still boot..

have fun
alvin
http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Raid