Re: No hardware detection?

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 02:27:39PM +0200, Adri wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I got another disk and tryied to install potato 2.2 rev 3
>
> Nice installer but it asked me about my peripherals. Doesn't it detect them
> automagically?
>
> Shall I set each one of them?
>
> I didn't know what ethernet card I have so I didn't indicate any. Then it
> didn't fine any ftp site. Are these things correlated?

If you want to do an ftp install your going to have to know which card
you have and install the appropriate module for that card during the
install.  If you have windows on this computer right click on "network
neighborhood" and select "properties."  If not open the box and take a
look at what card it is.
hth,
kent

--