Re: Apache: Connection refused ...

On Thursday 14 June 2001 05:21, Dieter Schicker wrote:

> The installation worked fine and when I run Apache by the command
> "apachectl start" it says: "httpd started".
> But when I do a "ps aux" the httpd is not listed. When I try to access

Debian calls the executable apache, not httpd.  Try this:

ps ax | grep apache

> apache through a webserver (http://localhost/) it says "Connection refused
> when trying to connect to dilino" (which is the name I "invented" for my
> machine). Is there a problem with my ServerName directive?

It's probably dying because it doesn't like something in httpd.conf.  You
might find some clues in /var/log/apache/error.log.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.