Re: console autologon -battery

hi ya

> AO> a) ... get a UPS or a bigger one... put all your PCs,hugs, gateway,
> AO>    router  only on the UPS..
> AO>    do  NOT put the monitors/printers on UPS
>
> hehe i have power backup on all machines, but it lasts only so long :) i was
> thinking about using NiFe 12V battery array for 'expansion' of my ups, but i
> haven't worked out how to charge them all yet. I heard that APC ups' don't
> really like external chargers .. i don't want to burn out the only ups i
> have ;)

forget those cheap UPS....

get a car battery.... run it off a car battery charger...
convert all your powersupply frm 110Vac to +12v input power supply

and now you can run for 12hrs without any 110Vac...

one car battery lasts about 12hrs for one server...

and yeah... if you using normal consoles... its a little trickier to put
the  login on each tty.... X11 does make some things easier...

c ya
alvin