Re: Unidentified subject!

hi ya peter

since this one is fun ....

a) ... get a UPS or a bigger one... put all your PCs,hugs, gateway,
   router  only on the UPS..
   do  NOT put the monitors/printers on UPS

   login normally... go to the right window/door....
	for spawn logins... enter "console.sh &"

b) since you have 10-12 consoles... i assume you mean X11 xterms

   vi console.sh
 	#
	# login into all the machines you want
	#
	xterm -geom XxY+xsize+ysize -name servername.com \
	-exec ssh -l user servername.com  &

	# repeat and change x/y-size coordinates for each xterm
	#
	# end of logins

i never did get -exec or equivalent running right ... so at least i get
all the xterms positioned correctly... by running the script...

i too run about 15-20 consoles ( xterms ) in multiple windows/doors...
	- but if the server dies... i want it to stay down till i
	can look atit

c ya
alvin