Re: Gnome, sawfish and testing...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?christophe_barb=E9?= <christophe.barbe@lineo.fr> wrote:
>On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:23:29 Tiago Alves Macambira wrote:
>> 	I've just installed potato with reiserfs in a box in my office
>> and dist-upgraded to woody.  Everything was going just fine when, to my
>> surprize, i realized that there's no more task-gnome-desktop in woody.
>> And it got worst: there was no sawfish in testing either!
>>
>> 	What is going on with testing? Is there some gnome vs testing
>> issue I should be aware? Should i just give up and put ximian in my
>> source.list?
>
>IIRC there's no more task package in woody.
>
>In testing I see sawfish and sawfish-gnome.
>
>http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=sawfish&searchon=names&subword=1&version=unstable&release=all

You're looking at unstable there, not testing.

sawfish is not in testing, because it and its dependencies aren't ready
yet. testing is often like that; in fact, excluding things that would be
uninstallable if they were there is a large part of the point of
testing.

  http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/