stopping named from starting

Hi all.

I play occasionally with bind, but do not want it running full-time. I'm trying to learn about it, and am not ready for prime-time. Every time I "apt-get upgrade" and get a new version of bind, it starts itself automatically. This is in spite of the fact that I have set all the rc.d links to "K". See -

/-(root@somewhere)-(32/pts)-(07:19:03:Wednesday Jun 13)-
\-(/etc)-
ROOT : ls rc*.d/*bind
rc0.d/K20bind@  rc1.d/K20bind@  rc2.d/K20bind@  rc3.d/K20bind@  rc4.d/K20bind@  rc5.d/K20bind@  rc6.d/K20bind@

What do I need to do to keep the upgrade process from automatically starting named ? See below.........

/-(root@somewhere)-(26/pts)-(19:53:33:Tuesday Jun 12)-
\-(~)-
ROOT : dpkg --configure -a
Setting up bind (8.2.4-1) ...

To be most effective, /etc/resolv.conf should list the IP address of your
local machine (127.0.0.1) as a nameserver. It currently does not.

Would you like this to be added? [Y] n
Starting domain name service: named.

--
Jonathan Freiermuth