Power button works but...

Hello,
After running shutdown -h now, the system shuts down and issues a
message saying "Power down."
But then I have to hit the power button to switch off my computer. This is a
think I didn't have to do when I was running Mandrake 7.2 instead of Potato
2r0 : my computer switched off automatically.
So this is my question: is there a way to make my computer switch off
automatically after 'shutdown -h now' ?
Shall I recompile the kernel for that or is there a more simple way (adding a
module...) ?

--
Jean-Michel Le Bot - mailto : jeanmichel.lebot@free.fr
Sociologue - LARES - Université Rennes 2