Subdomain on different machine?

I'm on a Woody box with all updates, running the most recent apache
from there.

Is there a way to tell apache to "defer" to another IP address?
What I'm trying to do is...I have a sub-domain just entered as a
CNAME entry pointing to my main machine.  The actual machine that
serves up the content I want is on an internal IP address behind my
firewall running it's own web-server.  Is there a way I can pull
that from the other machine.  The other machine I should mention is
a windows box, that I want to serve up some documents.

TIA,
jdk